Oratorical Scholarship Program
Constitutional Speech Contest
Participants in the American Legion Oratorical Contest develop leadership qualities, the ability to think and speak clearly and intelligently, and are better prepared for the acceptance of the duties and responsibilities, for the rights and privileges of American citizenship.
A single main speech topic related the United States Constitution will be required with a length of 8 to 10 minutes, as well as an "Assigned Topic" that must consume 3 to 5 minutes of presenter's delivery. For more details, see link below.
* Each District winner will receive an Oratory Medal
* Each Regional participant will receive a $600 scholarship
* The winner of each Regional contest will receive a $1000 scholarship
* The Department finalist receive $2000 for first, $1500 for second, and $1000 for third
* Ripon College will award a $5000 scholarship to Ripon to each of the three Department finalists upon their enrollment at the college
* National finalist receive $18,000 for first, $16,000 for second, and $14,000 for third
It takes many volunteers to have a successful Oratorical contest. Please click on the 2015 Volunteer link below if you would like to help us out. The date for this year’s Department oratorical contest at Ripon College is February 14, 2015. Deadline to fill out this form is no later than January 16, 2015. Must be a high school graduate to volunteer. Thank you for your support!
For More Information:
For dates, sites, and deadline information concerning local, district, and state level competition, individuals should contact the local American Legion Post or firstname.lastname@example.org
Interested Student can fill out the ATTACHED FORM
and submit it. Someone will get back to within 5-7 business days.
**Any contestant participating in a Post contest MAY NOT participate in any other Post contest or represent any other post at any level. The three finalists of the National Contest will be ineligible for further participation at any level as well.
To get the latest information from National Click Here.